Saturday, April 19, 2008

Back To Basics

I feel the need to rant about my day--
My day was ass--
I woke up at around 6am SWEATING TO DEATH, and my bed was all sweaty so I had to wash the sheets--
Then from 10am-2pm I did homework for english-- It was on personification-- It was a video on personification--
I got it done, and I didn't mind doing it either--
Then I had to burn it to a DVD-- So I go to drag and drop it into the burning program, and it closes-- So I try again, and it closes--
I take the file and DVD to my dad and ask him to do it-- It does the same thing--
I SPENT 2 FUCKING HOURS TRYING TO BURN A FUCKING FILE TO A FUCKING DVD THAT WOULDN'T FUCKING WORK BECAUSE THE PROGRAM IS A PIECE OF FUCKING ASS!--
Fortunatly, on Maplestory, the game im going to review this warm spring evening, made me happy.

Back to basics, and by this I mean back to the old way of playing games on the old old systems. Side scrolling. This game is a little different then my usual reviews, as it is a free online MMO. For those not familiar with an MMOG (Massively Multiplayer Online Game). The basic concept of maplestory, is you pick a character you wanna be.



Bowman Magician Rogue Warrior

Once you choose your character type, you pretty much run around a massive world with millions of other people, and do quests, kill monsters, level up and just generally have a good time with friends or people you meet online. By have a good time I don't mean ask someone where they live and ask for an e-blowjob. I mean just talk about random crap and beat the shit out of stuff you see. Throughout the game you buy new equipment, transfer to new job classes and try to show how hardcore you are buy spending hundreds of hours doing nothing but killing shit. I myself have become addicted to the game that I oh so hated awhile ago, but since my friends played it, I got into it.
The game does have it's things to rip on, of course. Such as when you initially make your character. You actually have to 'roll' stats, which roll all your attributes at the same time, and randomize it. You may think this can't be to bad. But when you think about it, each type of character only requires 2 out of the 4 stat types to be invested into. And since you know before hand, you actually have to roll the lowest possibly numbers, which is 4/4 for the 2 stats you don't want, or else your character will blow massive ass. This can actually take along time to roll good stats, and god pray you don't get them, and accidently hit re-roll cause you've been doing it for 6 hours.
Another thing I can rip on is the quests. I had recently, done a quest, which I had my level 82 friend help me with. It was to kill 999 evil eyes, which is a type of monster, and he did all the killing. It would of taken me 2-3 days to kill that many, since the level I was and damage I was doing. But this way it only took 2-3 hours. I had finally done it, and prayed for the most amazing reward ever. I went back, and was serevely disappointed when I got 2,ooo exp. Now to me at the time, that filled my exp bar about.. 5%, which was HORRIBLE. Now, before this, I had done a similar quest which asked me to kill 99 evil eyes. For that quest i got 5,ooo exp... does that make ANY sense? Like ALOT of these quests are fucking just retarded. Not to mention that quest almost drove me bat shit insane trying to dodge the millions of monsters that were around.
I'll pick one last thing about the game, which will be good, since it is a good game. There is something known as, the "Cash shop". In every MMOG on the face of the planet, there is some form of shop, in which case you can pay real money, to buy awesome items online. These items vary from being stronger then the regular you can buy, or are just for looks. The 'cash shop' money you get is called Nexon, or NX for short, and it's used to buy the stuff from the cash shp. In all my years of playing MMOG's online, I have never seen a shop with this much stuff in it. The neat this is, for people who don't have credit cards or paypal, Nexon has cards that you can buy from stores, i.e shoppers drugmart, 7-11 etc. I myself am actually going to get some of this at the begginning of next month. I'll indulge myself and treat myself to some nice little items.
I believe this will end my little MMO review, as I now am going to go play it. I'll hopefully be back on within the next week to give you my first video review. Tak'er Easy Ladies and gents.

1 comment:

MeaDanger said...

that little warrior guy is soooooo cute!